Saturday, August 4, 2012

Strong and Awake

Must there always be a price to pay?

In a moment, beneath an unlit rainbow dome, a single kiss unravels me.
I am point blank, blinking, at such full blown perplexity.

I gazed a the turning sky, falling into night.
We drove on and on, while I wished to stop and slow down.

It is strange how a freeze frame of time can morph into a monumental marveling metaphor for all of existence,
Then we step back and uncover the bleak, only scraping of the surface sort of encapsuled feeling.

The course of my veins flow with reminders of how a river's droplets dribble downwards and outwards.
I feel like a wishing well.
Each ache pours out with possibility.
Potentialities that wish to greet the surge of day.

There's resonance in that sensation.
There was so much turbulation.

And as I have sat in idle, I jump out of my seat seeking.
It's some strange need for intrigue.
And then I have it, the intruge,
And then it becomes an anomoly.
Constantly.
There are rows and rows of anomolies building up around me.
So then I hum,
A low... earth shaking sort of hum,
And I feel the ground below me break into a hundred pieces,
And at that same moment,
We return to a place of stillness.

It is a stillness I have yearned for since the days of childhood woes.
A place beyond the doldrums that face me til time old.

I know it,
Each time the earth quakes I return,
And I remember.

Stillness.

It is always what we return to.

It is what the ebb and flow persists at.

Stillness.

And so the river runs me.
And so I am ran for.
Ran towards.
On wards.
With so many words,
They can trickle out in these moments of marvel.

I am marvelled by earth's abiding mercy..
Each cloud takes me into that wave.
Each ray of sunlight beguiles me to pray.

And steadily I surrender.

Sunwept, and I render myself...

Strong and awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment